Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh Hubs...What To Do With Thee?

So I was sitting here minding my own business when my phone rings at 6:57 this morning. It's Hubs...ya know the man who has to be at work at 7:00 every morning.

Well he was calling to inform me that he forgot to shave before he left the house in such a hurry this morning.

I laughed and said "Good for you!"

He asked me very politely to bring his razor up to him.

I say "Ok, be there in a few minutes."

Things I have to do before I can leave the house....put on clothes (that cute nightie I had on would have been a little much to show up in), find said razor, wake Little A up, load everything into car.

Wait...where's the car???????

Cussing and throwing things I pick up the phone and call Hubs to ask him what he did with my car (we only have one...but I like to think it is really mine).

He says, "Oh, I brought it this morning, I didn't feel like walking."

We live on base, so I load Little A up in her stroller and start walking, it's exactly 2.7 miles from my house to his shop....

My phone rings again at 7:08 and it is yet again Hubs asking if I'm almost there....

"No honey, it takes me longer than 6 minutes to walk almost 3 miles."

So I get to the shop at about 7:30 and he is already out on the flight line.

Lucky for me Burger was still inside so I gave him the razor and told him to go get my keys...I was taking my car home!

I am now sitting at my house with my car parked in the driveway...out of spite....and HE can walk home!

Oh, and I also get to see the fruits of my labor tomorrow....all that stuff I did for the Burger Burn Fundraiser will pay off tomorrow. The Squadron picnic is being held (it's an all day event) and as of now they have 6 Kegs and the jumpy bouncy things for the kids. And of course burgers, hot dogs, and chicken. I hope it goes over well, and people actually show up. I think the beer is a bribe really.

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

Wow, I would have told him to shave with a butter knife...hahaha!