Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Burger Burns Make a Girl Tired

So, Hubs's squadron is having a picnic in 2 weeks. So they need to do fundraisers...right? RIGHT! THEY being the key word there. But it has definitely turned into a ME type of effort. Like I don't have my hands full already.

In the past 3 days I have been to Wal Mart 4 times....it's back to school time....that is the LAST place I want to be!

I got enough hamburgers, chips, plates, drinks, napkins, and buns to feed 200 people. And I spent 16 hours yesterday baking cookies...peanut butter, chocolate chip, sugar, and white chocolate macadamia nut to be exact. 600 cookies! I am flipping TIRED! But I am not done yet.....I still have to get everything for the grill to get it up there.

But I guess that's what I get for being a super awesome person who can't say no! Or maybe I'm using it as an excuse to not clean for my in laws...either way I am flat out worn out.

Do any of you help your husbands with stuff for their jobs? Or am I just completely crazy?!?!?

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

we luck out, flyboys squadron is very low key and its so small and most of the fliers (hubs included) are gone so much that well... we are out of the loop. and im ok with that.

but you sound like an awesome military wife!

Staci said...

Hi there! I normally just lurk, but I figured I could actually answer today! :) I am in a very similar boat. The hubby says that his shop wants to do a fundraiser/bake sale to get a gazebo and can I make 10 cakes, a few hundred cookies, and a couple dozen pans of brownies. Why do they even need a gazebo! This is ALASKA! Sorry, you touched a nerve there. :) Love the blog by the way!

J.J. said...

At times. It comes and goes in spurts. We have had the squadron picnic at our house for the last 2 years. We were stationed in NM from '04-'06 :) Loved the hiking and hot air ballooning there!

Anonymous said...

Not I. Thank goodness! haha