Friday, July 31, 2009

Dear So and So, Family Edition

Thank God it's Friday!!! And thank God for Kat over at 3 Bedroom Bungalow for hosting Sear So and So every week. This week mine will be aimed at family.



Dear MIL,

I know I got relatively lucky and you don't drive me completely mad, but we need to have a talk. You are getting older, face it. The shirts that you boobs hang out of that you bought from the juniors department are no longer ok. The leopard print bathroom with pink fuzzy everything, from toothbrush holders, to shower curtain rings, and the rug...that's not cool. You are not 12. The one night stands that you bring back to your house from the club, also not cool. Don't plan on ever getting to keep Little A at your house without me or Hubs there. Just saying...
Your least favorite DIL,

The grown up one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear FIL,

I know you love us and miss us terribly. But this coming to visit every other weekend needs to STOP. You do realize you live 15 hours away...right?? How about we make it an every other month thing for my sanity. Kthxbi.

Constantly Hosting,

The crazed DIL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear SIL,

Oh how happy I am we moved far far away from you. It is nothing personal, Hubs and I just hated spending every waking minute with you. Now you are coming to visit for the first time, with your girlfriend. Please, for your brothers sake don't do anything stupid like kiss your girlfriend in the commissary, it is frowned upon.

Don't ask don't tell,

The Prude One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Grandmother,

I understand you are about 3 minutes younger than God. But it doesn't give you the right to be mean just for the hell of it. You have made it very clear that you HATE Little A's name. We get it already. Not your choice. Please pick something else to gripe over, it's been 14 months already.

The name nazi,

A.L.B.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This is VERY therapeutic....everyone should try it at least once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!! Therapeutic and hilarious! Good letters :)

Kat said...

My mom was a name Nazi. We changed her name at the last moment because my mom hated her original name.

Rebecka said...

These are the letters we ALL wish we could write.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Lisa said...

Great chuckle! My MIL is totally worse than your MIL. There isn't a blog long enough. Trust me.